I'd like to get pretty specific: Name, location, dates and times open, approximate dates for produce picking, & costs. These details will be added as the information becomes available.
These U-Pick spots are all within 30 minute of McMinnville:
- Draper Farms 11105 SW Baker Creek Rd McMinnville, OR (Just west of Hill Rd.) (503) 472-2358 Farm Stand Season is MAY 1 - OCTOBER 31 from 9 am to dusk daily
U-Pick raspberries & tomatoes when posted or advertised. Call for availability.
- Bernards Farm: 18755 SW Hwy. 18 in McMinnville April-Oct., 7 days, 8:00-7:00
Contact: (503) 472-4933, email@example.com Bernards Farm has u-pick tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, (& more??) available.
- Farmer John's Produce: 15000 SW Oldsville Road, McMinnville, OR 97128 (right along Hwy. 18 between McMinnville and Sheridan) 503-474-3514. Tomatoes (& more?) are available for u-pick.
- Ore-Asia Farm: 4652 NE Riverside Dr., McMinnville 503-434-9766 Blueberries
- Joe Dancer Park: free blackberries in late August/early September. OK...there are blackberries EVERYWHERE. This is just a particularly nice place to go, where there is easy access to an abundance of fume-free berries. There are no auto fumes, and the city doesn't spray them. Bring ladders and gloves! Directions from downtown McMinnville: Take 3rd Street east, turn left just before the bridge. Take your first right into the park. The blackberries are on your right, all the way up to the skate park.
- Stephens Farm: 22480 SE Upper Island Rd, Dayton, OR 97114, (503) 868-7840, Open August-October. Apples: Gravensteins, Gala, Jonagold, Liberty, Cox, Melrose, Fuji
- Jeff (and Jennifer)'s U-Pick - strawberries, raspberries
18265 SE Neck Road, Dayton, OR. Phone: (503) 560-9275. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Call for availability and hours before going!
- Smith's Blueberry Flats: 22970 NE Hwy 240 Newberg, Oregon 97132 Located 1 mile northwest of Newberg on Highway 240 Blueberrries Season begins July 18th and ends approximately August 20th. Hours: 7:30 AM -8:00 PM 2008 prices-$1.25 per pound for U-Pick, picking containers available.
- Viridian Farms: blueberries, raspberries, and prepicked produce
18525 Se Lower Island Rd, Dayton, OR 97114. Phone: 503-830-7086. Email: email@example.com. And for a map to our farm, click here. Crops are usually available in June, July, August. Open: Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm. Please call 503-838-7086 or visit our web site for specific harvest/availability dates. Payment: Cash, only.
And, a little further out....
- The Hood River Fruit Loop: Here's an article from the Oregonian about it. Click here to see the Fruit Loop map. From the map, you can click on each farm number, which will give you specific information about each farm. (And, if you're heading that way, I highly recommend a stop at Lost Lake, just out of Dee.)
- Alice's Orchard: 1623 Orchard Rd. Hood River, OR 97031 (541) 386-5478 Peaches, nectarines, blueberries, blackberries, Yakima sweet corn, Gravenstein apples, cherries, pears.
- Olson Farms: Just southeast of Salem, off of Hwy. 22. Strawberries, cherries, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, blueberries, & apples. Check out their website for specific dates, directions, etc.
- Daum's Produce Farm & Garden: 8801 Wallace Road NW, Salem, (503) 362-7246. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon to 6 p.m. Sunday through October. Available: apples, apricots, beans, cucumbers, onions, peaches, potatoes, plums, squash and nectarines
- G M Farms, Sauvie Island 15330 N.W. Sauvie Island Rd. July 15 to Oct. 31, Mon. to Sat. 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. (9-5 after Labor Day) (503) 621-3177 Take a left just after the bridge and you'll see signs for this expansive, picturesque farm. Great prices on U-pick vegetables all summer long. Red Haven peaches are now available (Aug '08) at 75 cents a pound.
*This was originally included in this blog post, but I decided to break it into two separate entries, so the information would be easier to find.