Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Garden Growth

Pin It It's fascinating to look back at pictures of the garden. I love to see the season to season growth as well as the year to year growth. Here are some changes from May to August:

First is my new clematis pot. Who knew the white petunias would get so big? You can't even find the marigolds.
















The strawberry pot. We're still getting a few strawberries each day. Hopefully next year we'll get more.


















Our front window. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the baskets I buy each year at Schmidt Farm. They get so full by this time of year! Close up they look a bit scraggly underneath, but the pics on the right were taken today. These take a LOT of water. I also have one in my backyard as a focal point. I place them on heavy duty wrought iron plant stands. I find that it's MUCH easier than trying to hang them. (Plus, they're so heavy, I've torn out some of my siding before!)

The four mounds of shrubs beneath are viburnum. I'm not sure what variety they are, as they were here when we purchased the home (one of the few things I kept). They are deciduous, and though I'd prefer something evergreen in this spot, I love the neat little mounds of this plant. We've been here for nearly six years, and I've never had to trim or shape them.






























Our front side yard is truly my favorite place in the yard. It's where I give myself the freedom to add a little yard art, more color, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your flowers look really beautiful!
You must really have a green thumb.
My baskets never get that lush and full.
Looks great!