Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sabbatication: We're not in Oregon anymore...

Pin It Since I last posted a month ago, my life has come (nearly) full circle and I am back in my hometown of Tucson, Arizona! I grew up here (kindergarten - college) before marrying Brian and heading all over the U.S., ending up in Oregon. There's a lot of back story about how we got here and why we're here. Thankfully I've been journaling on Facebook and will repost some of those posts to get you (those of you who are interested, anyway) up to speed.

But before that, I will admit this blog is going to be going in a different direction for the next four months. No longer do I have a garden to tend to and nurture...we now have a rock yard with low-maintenance desert plants. No longer do I have a gazillion spices and oils and vinegars in the pantry...we have salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. So the gardening and the cooking have been streamlined...significantly!! Simplicity is the name of the game for the rest of 2009.

Rather than post pretty pictures of *my* Oregon garden or our uninspiring Tucson landscaping, I'm on the prowl for stunning desert yards and landscapes in other people's yards. I'll also post our "sabbatication"* stories....let you know how our little family of three is adjusting to the Sonoran Desert.

*"Sabbatication" to be described in next post!

No comments: