Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Cooling Rack Food Shield

Pin It If you have one of these...


...then you know how important it is to shield your food from them. Our dog, Tahoe, is quick to eat ANYTHING left in his reach. So I've become pretty creative in shielding our food when it has to be out on the counter. One of my favorite shields are cooling racks. But getting them to stand up is sometimes tricky. Tonight, however, I have mastered the art of the Cooling Rack Shield:

Notice how the tongs lean against the front cross bar, while the spatula leans against the second cross bar? They push against those while leaning into the cooling rack at the top keeping it in place. Behind the bars....the Pumpkin Pie I just made!! YUM!

No comments: