Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Copyright laws.

Pin It
Copyright laws. After posting the first two recipes I thought I needed to do a little research in this area. After all, I don't want to infringe on any, or get into any trouble! The US copyright office says, "A mere listing of ingredients is not protected under copyright law. However, where a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a collection of recipes as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection. Note that if you have secret ingredients to a recipe that you do not wish to be revealed, you should not submit your recipe for registration, because applications and deposit copies are public records."

So, to stay above board, I will only be posting favorite recipes (really had no plans to just publish a ton of random ones anyway!), listing the ingredients, directions, and my own personal thoughts.

No comments: