Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Monday, January 21, 2008

Eat the Meat (Day 2)

Pin It Tonight was our second "Eat the Meat" gathering. Three families came over to help us eat meat tonight (THANK YOU!!!). Not knowing what they'd want, I had all the meat and fixin's out...and let them grill what they wanted. Together we shared coconut shrimp, steak, Flank Steak Roulade, Grilled Herbed Chicken, salmon, hot dogs, and turkey breast. My nice, nice friends brought a green salad and a fruit salad to help balance out the meal. Yesterday we got our carbs in; today we had protein!

Still, we barely made a dent in what was left. So for the second night in a row, I sent them all home with baggies of meat. Afterward, I took a bowl full of meat to neighbors' homes and pawned the rest of the meat off on them passed out the rest of the meat to them.

Now to wait for the sales and re-stock....

But first I'll fix the freezer lock!

No comments: