Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Grilled Herbed Chicken

Pin It
One of my favorite summer meal staples is Grilled Herbed Chicken from San Francisco Encore. I LOVE that I can use the herbs right out of my herb garden. All the other ingredients are basic staples in my home, so it's always an easy choice when I'm wondering what to cook.

I can't imagine making it with dried herbs. I'll admit to substituting one dried herb in the mix of all the other fresh ones, but I wouldn't do any more than that. The flavor from this dish relies on the fresh herbs.

To capture the summer flavors, I made several batches of this to freeze. It was my first time freezing this marinade with the chicken, and it turned out great! The vacuum packed baggies thaw quickly in a cold water bath, making them easy to prepare on a busy weeknight when no thought has been given to dinner!

Grilled Herbed Chicken (San Francisco Encore)

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Marinade:
½ C olive oil
½ C lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1 TB rosemary, fresh & chopped
1 TB tarragon, fresh & chopped
1 TB sage, fresh & chopped
1 TB oregano, fresh & chopped
1 TB chives, fresh & chopped

Marinate at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight. While grilling, brush frequently with the marinade.

I often serve this with rice, pouring the leftover marinade (boiled to kill all the ickies....) on the chicken/rice.

No comments: